Young Governors 2020-21
Formerly known as ‘School Council’, our Young Governors have been very active in previous years – both in canvassing pupil opinion across school and also making decisions and being a vital source of ideas to improve school. Recently, have been actively involved in areas such as:
- Writing the new school motto and vision,
- Choosing the five core Christian Values threaded through our daily lives,
- Planning ‘Walk to School Week’ within our National School Sports week celebrations,
- Writing and editing our new school ‘Anti-Bullying Policy’ to include a child friendly version,
- Lobbying staff to revisit sailing for all junior pupils (as part of our Sports Premium spending) after the incredible popularity of our 2017-18 courses.
- Canvassing the opinion of fellow pupils for current and future Sport Premium spending,
- Selecting the type of cardio exercise equipment to be installed on the junior playground.
It is our great pleasure to introduce our Young Governor team for 2020-21! These include our new Year Six Head Girl and Boy, plus our Deputy Head Girl and Boy. We have also incorporated last year’s Young Governor team as, due to lockdown, they did not get chance to fulfil all their roles.