Young Governors 2018-19
Formerly known as ‘School Council’, our Young Governors for the academic year 2018-19 were very active in both canvassing pupil opinion across school and also making decisions and being a vital source of ideas to improve school. During the year they were actively involved in areas such as:
- Writing the new school motto and vision,
- Choosing the five core Christian Values threaded through our daily lives,
- Planning ‘Walk to School Week’ within our National School Sports week celebrations,
- Writing and editing our new school ‘Anti-Bullying Policy’ to include a child friendly version,
- Lobbying staff to revisit sailing for all junior pupils (as part of our Sports Premium spending) after the incredible popularity of our 2017-18 courses.
- Canvassing the opinion of fellow pupils for current and future Sport Premium spending,
- Selecting the type of cardio exercise equipment to be installed on the junior playground.
Thank you so much to the children involved, (see pictures below).
Elections for our Young Governors of 2019-20 will take place in September, when we already have plans to incorporate the work of our Young Governors into links with our existing school Governing Body.