Young Governors 2020-21
Formerly known as ‘School Council’, our Young Governors for the academic year 2020-21 were very active in both canvassing pupil opinion across school and also making decisions and being a vital source of ideas to improve school. During the year they were actively involved in areas such as:
- Writing the new school motto and vision,
- Choosing the five core Christian Values threaded through our daily lives,
- Planning ‘Walk to School Week’ within our National School Sports week celebrations,
- Writing and editing our new school ‘Anti-Bullying Policy’ to include a child friendly version,
- Lobbying staff to revisit sailing for all junior pupils (as part of our Sports Premium spending) after the incredible popularity of our 2017-18 courses.
- Canvassing the opinion of fellow pupils for current and future Sport Premium spending,
- Selecting the type of cardio exercise equipment to be installed on the junior playground.
Thank you so much to the children involved, (see pictures below).